Saturday, April 26, 2003

Last night I was exposed to Spongebob UNO... featuring the NEW Super Absorbancy Card. It is the greatest. Under the super absorbancy rule, when the card is put down, the person with the least number of cards gets a card from each player and draws one from the deck. Nice twist. Plus it's Spongebob.

A Work Story
One of our clients' albums went gold recently. Funny thing is that with this particular album, they put our office address inside rather than their management office. Fine and dandy, but this means that there are at least 500,000 copies of that album floating around with my work address inside.

So today I went to the mailbox, and inside I found a letter written in colored pencil -- no envelope. It was from one of those people we affectionately call "superfans". Apparently she and her family had come down here and decided to find out where our office was. "We were surprised to see [such and such address] is actually a house. That's really cool! We will probably drive by later and see if any cars are here." Nice. If only she knew how close to the lead singer's house she actually was!

Friday Five
1. What was the last TV show you watched? I broke no-tv week last night, and we had the Michael Jackson / Martin dude interview.
2. What was the last thing you complained about and what was the problem? Being the only one in the office today.
3. Who was the last person you complimented and what did you say? Karl -- "You rock."
4. What was the last thing you threw away? My Starbucks cup
5. What was the last website (besides this one) that you visited? RenaissanceFestival.com

Venus Hum CD Release : May 9th ... Exit/In.

People who know who I am talking about will understand when I say that I got the new stuff from Paul, and I declare that it is good. I'm particularly fond of one song that they are giving to Toby... which he apparently wants to use as his "big single". (I miss you, T...) There was also an instrumental tune that I have to believe was influenced by our Sigur Ros experience.

My friend Aaron might be coming down this weekend. Yay! Just in time for the Franklin street festival.

Song of the Day:
You are Mine - Paul

0 Comments:

Post a comment