Friday, March 07, 2003

The Things We Didn't Say
On my way to work, I was exceeding the speed limit a bit apparently. Or at least that is what I was told by the kind officer of the law who felt the need to point that out. I didn't notice as I was attempting to sneeze my spleen right out of my body. I appreciate that the guy wasn't a total ass, but he could have spared me the seven minute speech about how "signing isn't an admission of guilt" blah blah blah. Save the niceties for later, bub... I'm late for work now.

What really got me was the last thing he said.... "I'm sure your day will get better from here."

I just wanted to turn and say, "Screw you -- I took the last of my allergy medicine last night, so if you think I sound like hell this morning -- just wait until this afternoon. And on top of that, I now get to face my boss... who probably won't appreciate the fact that we've just sat twenty minutes on the side of the road while you looked up my vehicle registration, criminal history, credit report and SAT scores."

Either that, or I could have said, "If you thought I was speeding now... just wait until 6:00 tonight when I get off work and have to get from Franklin to the airport in time to catch a 7:30 flight."

A Mighty Wind... my most anticipated movie for this Spring. I will drive to Atlanta if I have to. "He's a dead person now, but when he was alive he was so happy."

Song of the Day:
Clocks
- Coldplay
I can't even dislike a band with any commitment anymore... Coldplay is growing on me.

0 Comments:

Post a comment