Saturday, March 15, 2003

Rock rock -- Mark's in the finals! Voting's next Friday, I think.

Good Goodwill
Yesterday I walked into Starbucks. There were three teenage girls in mid-conversation. As I walked past, one of the girls stopped and enthusiastically said, "I love your shirt. I love it!" (My red and white wringer t-shirt with Beethoven on the front... technically not from Goodwill, but rather rescued from the box of items Kristina was going to give to Goodwill.) And one of the other girls says, "I love your jacket!" (Tan, kelley green stripes on waist/arm bands, zip-up, tracksuit jacket circa 1972.) Overwhelmed by my sudden fashion savvy, I merely smiled, shrugged my shoulders and said, "Goodwill."

Several years ago when we were all working at insanely boring jobs in three separate cities, Mark (the aforementioned), Christopher, and I would spend our time taking IQ tests online and sharing the results with each other via IM. (Didn't we all decide we were going to test for Mensa at some point?) These tests at the High IQ Society would have been a nice challenge.

Here's another test for you -- are you color blind?

Friday Five
1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?

Not really. It depends who it is. I'm just not a big chit-chatter unless I have something to say.

2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
Karl?

3. About how many telephones do you have at home?
Three -- none of which seem to work at the moment.

4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?
No specific instances that I care to recall. I hate call waiting pretty much more than anything in the world. Please tell me you will call me back instead of leaving me stranded for three minutes while you try to get off the other line.

5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?
Email is my most regular form of correspondence... but I like to send letters as well. It's such a lost art these days. The only problem is that if I send a letter to someone I normally email as well, then we will probably have emailed about whatever is in the letter by the time they get it anyway.

Song for the Day:
Harder to Breathe
- Maroon 5
~When it gets cold outside and you got nobody to love
You'll understand what I mean when I say
There's no way we're gonna give up~

0 Comments:

Post a comment