Monday, March 17, 2003

It is 8:40 on Sunday morning. I'm going to bed.

Explanation:
Yesterday morning about this time, Michael and I were leaving town. We drove to Greensboro, NC to see the guys' show... mostly because it has been nearly a year since I saw them myself. I've seen them but not their show.

It ended up being a great show. Plus I ran into a girl who was here for Andrew's going-away-party last fall, so it was amazing to catch up with her.

Extra bonus -- when Darren found out that I've never been to New Orleans, he offered to give me one of his extra tickets to see Sigur Ros at The House of Blues. So I guess Michael and I are going to try to get down there the weekend after next to go with Darren and Adam.

And then, I think the plan is to go down there to see A Mighty Wind if N.O. is one of the "select cities" that airs it on the opening weekend. Three thousand-mile trips in five weeks to see the same people. Crazy?

So after the traditional north-carolina-post-show food at Steak n Shake, we drove straight home. I vaguely remember getting behind the wheel sometime around three with Remy Zero in the cd player and a cup of hot chocolate from a Shell station with a potentially lethal chocolate-powder-to-water ratio... sludge.

Now I sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a comment