Tuesday, March 25, 2003

I'm Laughing...
Ugh... there is so much humor in my life today. I can't wait to post the picture of my grill... it made me laugh so much yesterday, and it continues to do so today.

What is really making me laugh right now is my phone. It is Monday -- which is normally my work-from-home-so-people-leave-me-the-heck-alone-and-I-can-accomplish-something day. However, due to the bossman being out of town, I am in the office. But I told him I wasn't going to answer the phones... because then I end up with people asking me to do little tasks that end up taking my whole day away. Well, easier said than done. I can be in the middle of a full-on mad typing session, but my reflexes make me pick up the phone the instant it rings. So silly me, I thought I would just unplug the phone cord. Only the next time the phone rang, I still picked it up, which still picked up the line and left the other person unable to hear me as I was madly trying to plug it back in. Now I have the receiver secured to the base with three gigantor rubberbands. This baby ain't going anywhere.

Something else that makes me laugh. Karl is over in his office listening to his own music. I just realized it is because they have a gig in Guatemala this weekend, and he has to make sure he remembers the songs. (We're huge in Central America!)

And while we're laughing... my friend Jason sent me these:
Protest Warrior -- I know that some people who read this are opposed to the war, and I respect that. But I have to give these people credit for being clever.
Brain Terminal -- Interviews with the protesters.

Seth Godin is looking for the most persuasive articles online. Has anything changed your mind lately?

Waitress sends coffee to regular customer in Persian Gulf: "For waitress Jannie Brown, the least she could do in time of war was send coffee to a friend who is deployed. Brown, who works at the Waffle House near Fort Campbell, Ky., posted five bags of coffee to one of her 'regulars' who is in the Persian Gulf." (via BrewedFreshDaily.com)

We went to Printers Alley on Saturday night. That's funny because I had always thought of it as a place full of questionable establishments. But no... we sang karaoke at Lonnie's and went Latin dancing at Club Caliente. Unfortunately, the guys weren't dressed nice enough to get in (no t-shirts or tennis shoes)... so it was ladies night. Good times.

(I just picked the entire phone up off the desk, thanks to my rubberbanded receiver. It works!)

Song for the Day:
To Where You Are
- Josh Groban
~Fly me up to where you are beyond a distant star
I wish upon tonight to see you smile
If only for awhile to know you're there
A breath away's not far to where you are~

0 Comments:

Post a comment