Thursday, January 23, 2003

I'm not sure if I've mentioned AARF before. That's Artists Against R-Factor. What's R-Factor, you ask?
"R Factor is a vocal trend that found its way into the rockworld during the 1990's. Many of us hoped that it would fade away with the turn of the new century, but to the contrary, it has gained much in the way of momentum, and its influence on modern rock threatens to strip away every last bit of dignity that rock and roll has been hanging onto for here in the dark ages of music. The end result is inevitable unless honest-to-goodness everyday people such as you and I take a stand and thwart its efforts."

Creed suffers from R-Factor. That should tell you everything.

Ben & Jerry's Flavor Graveyard -- where retired ice cream flavors go to die.

And on the note of discontinued flavors... this site has pictures of all flavors of Kool-aid... including the beloved Purplesaurus Rex.

The Kool-Aid FAQ has lots of information, including some great alternative uses.

Earthwalker: another website of something I wish I had had the courage to do first. This guy walked around the world. It started out with him and one brother, who was shot and killed while they were in Afghanistan. Another brother came out with him to finish it up. It is a pretty amazing tale of human conquest, if you ask me.

You%20are%20Irish
Surprise, surprise.
What's your Inner European?


Paul Made a Funny:
I wrote an email to a guy I deal with at work that explained why we were having issues with the forum on his website. He and I have a weird relationship, and I have a hard time communicating with him. I think it is because he is a true artist and exists on a completely separate mental plane, and I don't think he always gets when I'm joking. But this was his classic response:
"I think it's great that the majority of what you told me was over my head; it's good to know I'm working with people smarter than me, but here's my suggestion - I think we should check the manifolds as soon as the berrings yield to the square root of the O2 sensors."

And on that line... this is for anybody who knows who I'm talking about when I say "Roy". I was listening to an inverview with Kevin Spacey on public radio the other night. If you hear his voice without thinking "oh that's Kevin Spacey", I think that it sounds exactly like Roy.

It is not in my nature to be stern or forceful, but my roommate who is supposedly moving out is drifting into the realm of complete irresponsibility here. Nine days left in the month, and only a handful of her clothes have been picked up and only one phonecall to discuss the situation since before Christmas. I would love for her to stay. But if she's moving out... well, move out already so that we can move someone in who is actually going to pay rent next month. s t r e s s

0 Comments:

Post a comment