Friday, January 24, 2003

I was flipping through an ASCAP magazine that came here today, and I found an article about Rasputina. They are a chick cello-rock band with a unique look, a beautiful website, and an interesting sound. Extra credit: The girl who started it used to play cello for Nirvana.

The mag also gave nods to Venus Hum (love these folk; do they still live in Nashville?) and Fischerspooner (who also has an aesthetically pleasing website).

Blog with potential: The Rub. I haven't had adequate time to peruse this one yet, but I think it could be a good one, kids.

Thanks, Martin! He suggested this anti-spam measure that I have been using for a little while now. It's called SneakEmail. You register at the site with a real email address. Then whenever you have to register for something online and are afraid of getting spammed as a result, just hit your SneakEmail bookmark (which helpfully opens in a little popup window) and have it create a new address under your account. You then use this address to register. When that party sends you email, it will go through the sneakemail server to get to you, and when you respond it will look as though it is coming from that address. Then later if you see you are getting too much email from this person -- or worse yet, if you see that other companies are sending you emails through this address -- then you just go back to SneakEmail and delete the address to stop it from reaching you. It's great.

Mouthshut.com -- P2P Information Exchange. Here's your chance to feel like your opinion matters. Go ahead. Review something.

Special Delivery: Yay for international music festivals! Phil & Fi spent the day with some of their American musician friends from Nashville who are down there for festivals in AU & NZ this weekend. He said "hopefully Robert is bringing back a little package for you which you should get in the next few weeks (from us)!" I'm pretty sure I have no idea who "Robert" is though, but if it's who I think it might possibly be, his label is a new client of ours. Yay -- pressies! (Hope you had a super fun time, T! I know it's not the same without Hutch and the sheep and Michael playing cricket, but I'm sure it was incredible based on the pictures I've seen. By the way, Mo is looking for footage from last year... did you have that or was that Dave's?)

Friday Five
1. What is one thing you don't like about your body?

Not particularly fond of the freckles.

2. What are two things you love about your body?
Little feet. Nice nails.

3. What are three things you want to change about your home?
Move roommate out. Move into other bedroom. Set up perfectly perfect office space / reading area that I've been plotting since before Christmas.

4. What are four books you want to read this year?
Four I will read... Simple Social Graces by Linda Lichter (that I bought in Omaha over Christmas), Grendel by John Gardner (that came from Stephen's collection), The King of Torts by John Grisham (that is being sent to me), and I'm a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson (that I bought a couple months ago).

5. What are five promises you have kept to yourself?
(1) I moved. (2) I followed a dream or two. (3) I didn't listen. (4) I stayed in touch. (5) I didn't get back together with "the ex". :)

Song for the Day:
Misunderstanding - Genesis
~There must be some misunderstanding
There must be some kind of mistake
I was waiting in the rain for hours
You were late~

0 Comments:

Post a comment