Saturday, December 07, 2002

Merry Christmas to me. :) There was a little stress around here when I found out that the boss (self-admittedly not the most computer literate in the group here) announced that he was setting up a new network at our office. He's getting new notebooks for all of us, among other things... and this is much better than the solution proposed the other day, so I am relieved. Now to set up DSL at my house, and much Age of Myth will be played. Oh yes, much Age of Myth will be played.

I love that Worst Case Scenario show. I am so prepared for life's diasters now. If you're going to die, you could just as well go out in a blaze of glory. ("Poor Danielle... who would have guessed the volcano would actually erupt?" "Yes, but they say the evidence showed she was actually using her laptop to try and paddle out of the lava flow.")

Okay, so I just came across the most fascinating site. The Free Fall Research Page. "A few people have survived a fall of thousands of feet without a working parachute. This research page is dedicated to recording their stories." There is a very helpful and somewhat comical article "Unplanned Freefall? Some Survival Tips" that might come in handy if you should ever find yourself falling from airplane cruising altitude. (Should I be dwelling on this when I am flying next weekend?)

Along that same line, but decidedly more morbid, is a book I just came across -- Last Breath. "Through 11 fictional 'scenarios,' magazine writer Peter Stark depicts lethal or near-lethal encounters with pulmonary edema, hyperthermia, avalanche, drowning, malaria, scurvy, dehydration and other dangers encountered by adventurers in remote locales and extreme situations." The excerpts are pretty grim, but yet I'm curious.

Happy Birthday, Krystal! (If you ever see this, I miss talking to you. I still tell people about our adventures in Michigan and Indiana -- the sitcom, pabelo, the drive back from Holland without turning left, cheese fest, and all the other good times.)

Song of the Day:
Crazy - Seal
I woke up with this song in my head. Maybe it had to do with my weird, weird dream last night.
~And through a fractal on a breaking wall,
I see you my friend, and touch your face again.~

0 Comments:

Post a comment