Saturday, December 21, 2002

A joke from my brother. (Probably best appreciated by the Midwesterners out there.)

Two boys are playing hockey on a frozen pond in a Des Moines park when one of the boys is suddenly attacked by a crazed pit bull. Thinking quickly, the other boy takes his hockey stick, shoves it under the dog's collar, twists it, and breaks the dog's neck, saving his friend.

A reporter is strolling by, sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy. "Young Cyclones Fan Saves Friend from Vicious Animal," he starts writing in his notebook.

"But I'm not a Cyclones fan," the little hero replies.

"Sorry, since we're in Iowa, I just assumed you were," says the reporter and he starts writing again. "Hawkeye Fan Rescues Friend from Horrific Attack" he writes in his notebook.

"I'm not a Hawkeye fan either," the boy says.

"Oh, I assumed everyone in Iowa was either for the Cyclones or the Hawkeyes. What team do you root for?" the reporter asks.

"I'M A HUSKERS FAN," the boy replies.

The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes: "Little Bastard From Nebraska Kills Beloved Family Pet."

New server being set up today. Probably won't be online much. I'm going home-home one of these days. Updating may be sporadic until I get back to town... something about having the option of playing with nieces and nephews makes computers less attractive.

0 Comments:

Post a comment