Monday, December 09, 2002

I watched Ice Age with two of my favourite little boys in Tennessee this afternoon. Then we had group nap time, when I had another weird, bizarro dream involving being back on the road. The third weird, bizarro dream in the last week.

How do you search for a website when you don't know the name of the company and don't really know what products they have? Very carefully. I was looking at a catalog at Karl & Sandra's this afternoon, and I thought they might have some nice online specials. I forgot the name of the catalog.

So I searched. And I came across some other interesting online stores. Since there are only 17 shopping days left until my birthday, I thought I would share them with you:
Stacks & Stacks - okay, I already knew about that one... but they have some cool, albeit overpriced, home goodies.
Yevshan - the largest Ukrainian online catelog in the world -- bet you wouldn't have found that one on your own.
BingoShop.com - I could hardly believe it myself.
Wild Ties - for Dad or Uncle Bob. (if Bob's your uncle.) ;)
Kitsch Shop - not the fanciest, but it still has some neat items.
Van Dyke's Restorers - this one is a mental note for me, because I'm helping my mom restore our 100+ year old house back home.
Pisces Catalog - one of the more... umm... interesting stores.
Retro Buttons - I quit collecting pins, but these are unique.
Hippy Gift - my personal favourite... I mean, look at these lamps.

So I thought I was out of luck... until I found Google Catalogs. I remembered one of the items in the catalog was a Lomo camera.... and Ta-Da! They found my catalog. Restoration Hardware. Yay.

I watched the first part of James Cameron's Bismarck. I love watching those deep-sea discovery programs for some reason. What made me smile the most is their little camera machines were named Jake & Elwood.

Song for the Day:
Send Me on My Way - Rusted Root
Because that Ice Age movie is so cute... and I haven't listened to this cd in forever.

0 Comments:

Post a comment