Friday, December 06, 2002

I love seeing the businessmen downtown in their double-breasted winter trench coats and felt hats. There is something so distinguished about a man in a nice hat. My grandpa wore one.

The whole scene this morning reminded me of Aesop's great fable about the contest between the sun and the wind. They were arguing about who was stronger, and they decided whoever could get the coat off a man who was walking below them would be the winner. So the wind blew with all his might, but the shivering man just held his coat tighter around him. Then the sun's turn came, and he gradually shone brighter and brighter until the man was so warm he took off the jacket. Quite a lesson to be learned from that one.

Weird. I just ran across The Banner. There's a story there... the "Things Hope For" one... I was in The Music Man with Dr. Schaap's kids thirteen years ago. It was just a name I wasn't expecting to come across.

Today I had a client call me just to ask how to spell "recoupment". I hope that is how you spell it.

I found Inkblot Magazine while looking for downloads for my Song Du Jour. Kind of a nice place they've got there.

Song for the Day:
Polyesterday - Gus Gus

0 Comments:

Post a comment