Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Frequent Flyer Tip of the Day:
The metallic threads in your Hello Kitty socks WILL set off the metal detectors.

One little happy-happy-joy-joy thing I discovered when I got home was that a new coffee house opened in the new Campus Center at the college which happens to be a convenient two blocks from my parents' house. Yay. Nate and I sat there on Friday night. Nice atmosphere. Cushy chairs. Good music. Excellent coffee. This is a very good thing.

Props to Jesse and company on the funny song they got on homestarrunner.com.

I am not a big fan of having commercials instead of previews at the movies these days, but I must say that seeing the ad for Warcraft 3 on the big screen was pretty amazing. I'm going to have to have Jack hook the Playstation up to the projector at the church when I go down in a couple weeks so I can play big games again.

On that note, I think Nate and I decided we needed to see every single movie that was previewed for one reason or another...
Gangs of New York - It's Daniel Day-Lewis.
The Life of David Gale - It's Kevin Spacey.
Catch Me if You Can - It's Tom Hanks.
Okay, I can't remember the others.

And if I may mention one more thing about a movie preview... has anyone seen the previews for The Two Towers? Nate pointed out that showing Gandalf walking around again pretty much spoils that element of surprise for those who weren't expecting it. I suggested that maybe people would think it was just a dream sequence or hologram... kind of like Yoda and Obi-Wan in the later Star Wars flicks. Somehow he didn't think so.



I thought Die Another Day was pretty good, by the way. I grew up on Bond though, so maybe I am biased. Interesting camera work. Loved the opening credits sequence. It did feel a little long... but they had The Clash playing in the background, so that made up for it.

Song for the Day:
Die Another Day - Madonna
Even though I find that effect somewhat annoying, I like the song better after having seen the film.
~For every sin, I'll have to pay
A time to work, a time to play
I think I'll find another way
It's not my time to go~

0 Comments:

Post a comment