Saturday, November 09, 2002

As if I wasn't feeling guilty as it was, along came the Friday Five...
1. Did you vote in your last elections? *hangs head in shame* No, but I have a good excuse... kind of. I don't live in Davidson County anymore, and so I did not know where I was supposed to go... and this whole not-living-at-my-own-house-for-the-week thing has thrown everything off a bit. That and I really had not paid attention to any of the issues, so it would have been a blind vote.
2. Do you know who your elected representatives are? I know Marsha Blackburn got in there... and I only paid attention to her race because she had called our office a few times recently.
3. Have you ever contacted an elected representative? If so, what was it about? I do not believe so.
4. Have you ever participated in a demonstration? No.
5. Have you ever volunteered in an election? What was the result? Years and years ago, I helped Terry Branstad's campaign for Iowa governor -- even got invited to Terrace Hill a few times for different youth events. We also helped with my grandpa's and my uncle's campaigns for City Council and County Attorney, respectively. I thought I would have a career in law and politics.

NaNoWriMo has suppressed my ability to ramble on here, so I just wanted to explain that to anyone who is desperately looking for the juicy details on my life. I must admit I'm losing the love for it right now though. I imagine I'll really put my mind to it mid-week after everything has died down around here. I only need to double my word count for seven days to make it up.

New Project for the Weekend:
My Blossom costume for the party on Tuesday. Four yards of pink and black felt. No pattern. Four days. No problem. I have the red ribbon for my hair too. Could be a disaster.


Song for the Day:
I Know Him So Well - Chess Soundtrack
If only my record player worked, I would pull this one out. That side of the record also ends with "One Night in Bangkok", which makes it even better.
~Nothing is so good it lasts eternally
Perfect situations must go wrong
But this has never yet prevented me
Wanting far too much for far too long.
Looking back, I could have played it differently
Learned a little more before I fell
But it took time to understand the man
Now at least I know I know him well.~

0 Comments:

Post a comment