Saturday, October 19, 2002


I registered for NaNoWriMo 2002. I found out about it halfway through November last year. I thought I could still make it, but the thought became too overwhelming, and I quit. This year will be much better. It will be a memoir of sorts... "stick with what you know" is my motto. I think I already even have a title: Life in a Stinky Van: How I Toured with a Ministry and Lived to Tell about It.

Yesterday I was searching online for photos from a show that I stage-managed when I was in school. Never found what I was looking for, but I did find one of the guys who was in it. I got a real kick out of Jesua. I had heard that he kind of snapped and dropped out of school for a while, and that article explains that. I'm just glad to see that he's doing well now. I also found his funny yet poignant columns about the hitchhiking experience:
Ugly Peaches in South Dakota
'Do You Have Any Pot on You?'
Peanut Farming in Venezuela
Crossing the Border with James
When in Doubt, Tell the Truth

Friday Five
1. How many TVs do you have in your home? 4? One in the living room. Beth has one in her bedroom. I think Tina might have one in hers. Mine is either in the garage or in the basement.
2. On average, how much TV do you watch in a week? This varies greatly. Hard to say.
3. Do you feel that television is bad for young children? I think that too much television is bad for anyone. If/when I have children, I think I will limit the amount that they are allowed to watch. I want them to have imaginations and play outside and make up their own games and stories and characters.
4. What TV shows do you absolutely HAVE to watch, and if you miss them, you're heartbroken? "Heartbroken" is a little extreme, but I enjoy 24, The Practice, and... The Bachelor? I got sucked in... it's not my fault... Jesse made me tape it!
5. If you had the power to create your own television network, what would your line-up look like? I'd be happy with a nice mix of everything... but no commercials. :)

Seth's coming tomorrow. Seth's coming tomorrow. Hi-ho-the-dairy-oh. Seth's coming tomorrow. Woohoo!

From CNN.com, Study shows redheads need more anesthesia. (found via on my mind.) That's kinda disturbing. All I know is that anesthesia makes me vomit -- and this can be a truly horrific experience after having your wisdom teeth removed.

I have ants on my desk. Ants.

Why am I tired? Oh just because someone called me at 1:30 am to see if I knew where someone else was... because that person was missing and not answering the mobile phone. I hadn't seen said person for four hours. So I didn't really sleep for the rest of the night. Person came home this morning... but the problem is far from over. Sadness.

0 Comments:

Post a comment