Tuesday, October 29, 2002

I am learning to speak Australian. You may be thinking to yourself, "But we all speak English, right?" Oh no, my friend. It's not that simple. I have found in the last couple weeks, my friends haven't bothered trying to translate to American, so I have picked up on heaps of new terms to add to my Aussie-American dictionary.

Americanvs.Australian
cellphonemobile
lots, a bunchheaps
frieschips
chipscrisps
cream sodacreaming soda
aluminum
ah-LOO-mi-num
aluminium
al-yoo-MIN-ee-um
jumping jacksstar jumps
deckjetty
no problemno worries
next MondayMonday next
the storethe shops
snacky, nibbleypeckish
hamburger, ground beefmince meat
cookiebiscuit
Name Brand Differences
M&M'sSmarties
FolgersMoccona
chocolate covered
sandwich cookie
Tim Tam
Swiss MissMilo
Mars barCloud 9


I learned an important lesson on paying compliments this weekend, thanks to Seth who stopped by Saturday night on his way back to Jax. Sometimes you just need to say what you are thinking, because it could be the one thing that really brightens a person's day.

Reasons to Move Back to Indiana:
#32. Up there they give the finger to good ol' Daylight Savings, so no need to figure out how the puke I am supposed to change the clock on my car stereo.

Song for the Day:
Take Me in Your Arms (Rock Me) - The Doobie Brothers
I had Doobie Brothers Saturday this weekend, and that song just makes you want to get up and swing your arms around, doesn't it? It's such a happy tune for such a depressing song.
~I know you're leavin' me behind
I'm seein' you darlin' for the very last time
Show a little tenderness before you go
Please let me feel your embrace once more~

0 Comments:

Post a comment