Saturday, September 07, 2002

I was feeling so artsy yesterday. I bought several cheapo books to alter when I'm feeling inspired. One was 365 Love Poems. I think that could turn out quite nicely as there is lots of extra space -- and of course, an easy topic. One had something about "kisses from heaven" which could have an angelic theme. I got a couple from the $1 bin -- one is in German, I think... and the other appears to be a textbook of some sort with Asian drawings in it. I found a surprisingly large collection of websites where people posted photos of their own altered books. (One of my favourites was Toad Head.)

Then to top off the Day o' Art, we played Pictionary last night. Lisa and I were the champions, though the guys were a little sore about it. They said something about our estrogens communicating or something. The picture to the right is one where she guessed it immediately. Can you figure it out?

The Word Detective - a humorous look at word origins. I found this yesterday while looking for the correct spelling of "kemosabe" -- which incidently, does not appear to mean "faithful friend" in any native language... however in Apache, it apparently means "white shirt", and in Navajo, it means "soggy shrub".

Friday Five
1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Why?
I don't have one outstanding one... like Ember hates people who don't use their turn-signals; Amanda hated nickles... I do get pretty horrified when I see people littering though. Littering is so 1987. I didn't think people really chucked McDonald's bags out of their car windows anymore... but I saw it not long ago.
2. What irritating habits do you have?
I have a tendency to leave my shoes wherever they happen to come off.
3. Have you tried to change the irritating habits or just let them be?
For the sake of those living with me, I have tried to be more conscious of it and move them out of the way.
4. What grosses you out more than anything else? Why?
That's tough. It's a bit hard to explain, but soggy stuff... like soggy bread or pancakes doused with syrup or really greasy pizza or what-have-you. It's okay as long as I don't think about it so much. It stems from a childhood incident at The Glass Garage restaurant with my family and Naten's family.
5. What one thing can you never see yourself doing that other people do?
I don't chew gum.

0 Comments:

Post a comment