Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Dang... yesterday was my 1st Blogiversary, and I wasn't even around to celebrate.

Well, the weekend with the folks turned out to be a great time with much sightseeing and even more eating. We went to the Parthenon, The Factory, Natchez Trace, the Opryland Hotel, and of course, a visit wouldn't be complete without a one-hour wait at Pancake Pantry. Dad took lots of digitals, so we'll have to see what they look like this afternoon.

Last Friday's Five
1. What's your favorite piece of clothing that you currently own? My blue skirt that I happen to be wearing today. So comfy. (But I see I need to redo the hem, because it's getting a little messed up from getting stepped on.)
2. What piece of clothing do you most want to acquire? I'm really looking for a good skirt to go with my fabulous white and navy shoes that I bought when Ern was here. However, I guess I'll have to wait until next season, since it's after Labor Day... and you know what they say about white shoes after Labor Day.
3. What piece of clothing can you not bring yourself to get rid of? Why? I have this peasant-y-type dress that I have had for at least six years... it is completely not in style anymore, and it's not as long as I wish it was... but it is so absolutely comfortable, and I cannot get rid of it. I keep thinking I'll just convert the bottom into a skirt, but that hasn't exactly happened yet either.
4. What piece of clothing do you look your best in? Hrm. Hard to say.
5. What has been your biggest fashion accident? I went through a big mint green and pink phase years and years ago. (But incidently, leg warmers are still available today.)

I have fallen in love with this lady's designs. I am in love with a couple of her skirts, and I may have to try to make a couple of them myself. There is something so classic about the lines and materials she uses. Very me.

And then since Friday sucked so much, I should have done the Group Therapy back then...
Friday Group Therapy 1.10
1. Have you ever been "under the knife"? What for and how did it go?
Yeah, I had the whole wisdom tooth thing... nothing like spending spring break on the couch feeling like a chipmunk. I also had my knee scoped... that was after I initially injured it playing a game that involved running (and eventually falling) in the woods, and then the great van accident of 1994 reaggrivated it enough to need to fix it. It feels much better now, thanks. (Though I can still predict rainy weather with it.)
2. Tell us about your earliest recollection of being in pain.
I'm sure there were greater incidents before this, but I just distinctly recall having a collision with my sister when we were riding our bikes one time, and I scraped all the skin off my elbow and forearm.
3. Tell us about the greatest amount of pain that you can recall being in.
I used to get migraines. Gran mal headaches.
4. Have you ever inflicted pain upon yourself or willingly allowed someone else to hurt you?
I loved pulling my teeth out, if that counts. The second one seemed remotely wiggly, I would plant myself on the bathroom counter and work at it until it was out.
5. What is your greatest fear when it comes to pain?
Erm...
6. Have you ever put yourself in danger of being injured on purpose?
Well, I used to live in the ghetto, and I guess walking out to my car was putting myself in danger sometimes.
7. How much of a pain threshold do you possess?
I am the picture of tolerance. Kinda. *ouch*

(Hey, Ern or Tash, answer those so I can get my extra credit non-point.)

Last night I was watching something on photojournalism on CSPAN. One of the gentlemen's photos can be found at SohoBlues.com. There are some very heartwrenching photos of 9|11 on there.

And on a lighter note, here is all the information you need if you ever wondered how to avoid Mojo Jojo. Other completely outlandish information can also be found at grendelthedog.com.

what's your inner flower?

0 Comments:

Post a comment