Saturday, August 24, 2002

Look at TBG getting all praised and stuff in their review in Billboard. Sad they got lumped in with Creed though. *bleh*

I am saddened by the lack of info about the supposed September release of Massive Attack's new album. (The photo caption for that article is great!) To consider it "highly-anticipated" would be an understatement in my book.

Incidently, if any of you Nokia phone users want a Massive Attack ringtone, here is "Teardrop". That is so horrible. In the famous words of Michael Todd: Just because you can, doesn't mean you have to, people.

Today's Friday Five is about work... and I don't feel like talking about work these days... but this is my answer to question #5:
5. In your opinion, what is the easiest job in the world? What is the hardest? Why? For me, the easiest job in the world isn't specific... but rather it would just involve doing something I am passionate about. The hardest job is doing something I don't like. The hardest job I had was one where I sat around doing stuff any trained monkey could do -- sure it didn't take much thought, but I certainly had a hard time going in every morning. An "easy" job to me, would be something challenging that makes me think and use my God-given talents.

Friday Group Therapy 1.9
1. What was the first book that you remember reading? The first book I remember getting was Little House on the Prairie.
2. Tell us about the best book that you ever read. That is so hard. I'll have to get back to you.
3. Tell us about the worst book that you ever read. I didn't even read the entire book, but I hated Walden by Thoreau. It was torture at the time, but maybe if I gave it a go again, I could get through it. I just remember that we had a student teacher at the time, and there was a question on his evalutation form about whether we enjoyed the material we were taught. I answered, "Walden made me want to thoreau up, but I don't consider that to be your fault."
4. What genre of books do you find yourself most drawn to? These days memoirs interest me.
5. What genre of books do you avoid? I think I would have said that I'm not too keen on the whole sci-fi/fantasy thing... but I just ordered The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Neverending Story, so I guess that blows that.
6. Do you have a favorite author? What draws you to this person's work? Not specifically, though I am loving Bill Bryson.
7. Have you ever written anything? If so, tell us about your writing. If not, have you ever wanted to? I used to write a lot. Of course, I used to want to be a writer. I am definitely participating in NaNoWriMo this year. I still think I could write a decent sit-com based on my life.



On that note, I forgot to mention that someone I know is writing a book that is being looked at by Random House... and one of the characters is going to be based on me. Yep, that's right. Me. I think her name is Sherryl Donovan... get it, the initials mixed up? Crazy, eh?

Motto for the Day:
The less concern for coordination, the more versitile the wardrobe.

0 Comments:

Post a comment