Friday, July 05, 2002


Happy Independence Day!

Last night as Beth was bringing me to the airport, she suddenly turned and said that she didn't think I should be traveling. Sadly, I said that that thought had occured to me when I woke up yesterday, but I rationalized my travel with the hope that if there were terrorist events that they would at least wait until the fourth. I hate to admit that, but it is true.

Chanel was going on and on about this yesterday. She was telling me about this giant snake head that was found in Maine, but they didn't know where the body was. Not exactly true. Turns out that a snakehead fish from China was found in Maryland. It's quite an ugly thing, that's for sure. She said she saw it on CNN, but I could only find a Reuters article on it. I'm just curious to know how something like that gets out in the wild.

Fun thing I read about on the plane: The Museum of Unusual Things

Spent the afternoon riding around town with mom. Had the top down, so my face is a little rosey tonight.

I was quite impressed with our smalltown fireworks display tonight. I would say it was the best one they have ever had. We used to joke about how they would set off one at a time and give everyone a chance to savor the one before lighting the next. But tonight was really quite exciting. (Though not as exciting as 4th of July in D.C.)

Having a wonderful time. Wish you were here.

0 Comments:

Post a comment