Thursday, June 13, 2002

Today Ted told me that I need to write a book. I forget what exactly I was rambling about at the time that led him to say this, but I told him that I have considered doing this for quite some time. He determined that it would be a pretty hilarious read.

I told him I would devote a chapter to my encounters with K-Max. (Seeing as how he was in front of me in line at Starbucks today, and I had this horrible twinge of guilt as he turned around, smiled, and said hello... because just last week we were all here secretly laughing a little bit about his review in the Nashville Scene.)

I heard an interesting story on public radio this morning about an obelisk stolen from Ethiopia by Mussolini during World War II. It is now sitting unmarked in Rome, though not hard to see. The Ethiopian people are asking for it to be returned to them... but the process has been drawn out and largely ignored. Now I just found a petition asking for the return of the obelisk. 2098 signatures as of today. (Though I've always wondered if those online petitions really do any good.)


which one of the trading spaces cast are you? (hehe... yay!)

0 Comments:

Post a comment