Wednesday, May 15, 2002

The moment we've all been waiting for -- Sony cuts PlayStation 2 price. Still a little rich for my blood. (Considering the current state of my vehicle situation.) But it's becoming more of an option, that's for sure.

So I am sitting here thinking about how much I hate confrontation and how much of a pacifist I am... and now the lyrics from Red Hot Chili Pepper's song "Pea" are stuck in my head. How horrible -- and yet hilarious at the same time. In the words of Rodney King, "can't we all just get along?"

Forgot to mention that I watched the Star Wars Fan Film Awards on Sunday night. I had seen several of them before, but it was a good time nonetheless. Kevin Smith is just funny anyway.

Eagerly awaiting Episode II. Sad thing is that none of my friends who truly appreciate the Force are around here to go see it with me. Maybe I can convince Nate to come down for the weekend.

And I just saw that they are doing a movie of The Importance of Being Earnest... starring Rupert Everett , Reese Witherspoon, Judi Dench, et. al. That could be really good -- the show is quite hilarious. Erin and I saw it at the IRT right before I moved down here.

We watched the U2 Elevation Tour DVD last night. During "With or Without You", Bono pulls this girl up there, and they just laid on the heart-shaped walkway together. All in all, it was a bit weird to us. Especially when Mick chimed up with "Bet she never felt that way about a 40-year-old before." But overall, we gave it two enthusiastic thumbs up. And Lisa and I agreed that The Edge is the hottest. :)

This is pretty interesting. Surgeons are trying to reconstruct the face of a suspected suicide bomber who was blown apart in a terrorist attack that killed 14 people in Karachi last week. I can only imagine what a gruesome job that must be. Well, I guess no worse than any other medical profession... but still -- rather morbid, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a comment