Thursday, May 02, 2002

may·day
n.
An international radiotelephone signal word used by aircraft and ships in distress.

Hey Tash -- I'm Kermie!

You are Kermit!
Though you're technically the star, you're pretty mellow and don't mind letting others share the spotlight. You are also something of a dreamer.



We had our first dinner party at the house last night. Five guests: Lisa, Mick, Hans, Steve, & Levi. It was an adventure, to say the least. Levi put the grill together. Then it started to pour down rain. With the aid of my big umbrella, the chicken was grilled to perfection... almost.

Playing Taboo with three Australians and a Kiwi proved to be interesting. The best was Hans explaining the rules to Levi -- "Say the word was carpenter. You could say 'Jesus was a...', but you couldn't say 'it rhymes with barpenter.'" Then you have me on a team with all guys, and one of the words I get was smear. Lisa and Beth were looking over my shoulder and started to giggle. Yeah, I skipped that one.

 
"I've never seen a monument erected to a pessimist."
~Paul Harvey
 
"Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You will succeed if you persevere, and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles."
~Helen Keller
 

"We all have inconveniences of one kind or another. How you deal with them ultimately determines how successful you are."
~Craig McFarlane