Friday, April 05, 2002

I think I am going to try to get my keyboard and amp from Kevin tomorrow. After messing around with a few songs last week, I am inspired to play again.

I took classical piano lessons for 13 years... from five years of age until the summer I left for college.

My enjoyment of it was hindered when I developed performance anxiety when I was about 14. I just remember sitting on the steps to the balcony of Christ Chapel at Northwestern College hyperventilating because I was almost up to play my contest piece. I dreaded my recitals in high school, and even playing for my teacher was hard for me. I would shut the french doors between the piano room and the living room while I practiced so that I could not tell if anyone was around.

To this day, you have to sneak up on me to hear me play... but it is better than it used to be. Angela and I even sat down together over the holidays -- she plunked out the melody while I played the accompaniment.

ChordHouse.com -- great for piano and guitar players

0 Comments:

Post a comment