Monday, March 11, 2002

I totally dig that new Thalia/Tito Puente tribute Dr. Pepper commercial for some reason.

I just found out tonight that Beth had to do that whole debutant thing when she was in high school. (Read this article to see how it all works.) It just floored me, because she isn't all prissy or anything. The whole thing seems a bit sick and wrong to me now that I've heard more about it. Thankfully, we middle-class, northern girls never had to worry about that crap.

Celebrity Boxing on FOX?? I thought it was a sick joke. Can you just imagine Danny Partridge duking it out with Greg Brady? I'm half tempted to watch just for Vanilla Ice. (Which means this is another opportunity for me to mention that Krystal, Manda and I are cooler for having seen Vanilla Ice in concert last year... hehe.)

RAGBRAI is starting in my hometown again this year!! I need to get back there for that! For the uninitiated, RAGBRAI stands for Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa. Basically thousands of people take a week and go on a massive bike ride. The tradition is that you dip your front tire in the Missouri River at the start and your back tire in the Mississippi River at the finish. It started in Sioux Center back in 1990 or so, and since we aren't on the Missouri, they trucked in river water and sprayed it across the highway. Traditions.

It was super cool, because my parents' house is located across from a major field where a lot of the riders were camping. We sold coffee on our driveway that morning for all the riders who needed a good start. It was cool. I want to be there again!

Living with Housemates: Day 5
I've learned...
-- how to dim the lights in the living room. ooo... mood lighting...
-- I love having a back porch.
-- it will be a tight squeeze, but my furniture will basically all fit in my room.

0 Comments:

Post a comment