Friday, March 22, 2002

I think I need to go to the dentist.

No, I don't think I have any cavities. Still perfect teeth in that sense.

It's just that for the last two days, I have caught myself just absolutely clenching my teeth like I'm holding on for dear life. It's only when I relax that I realize that my entire jaw aches afterwards. It's weird. After a little research, I have found that this is often due to stress and is probably an indication that I grind my teeth at night.

"When someone has a clenching and/or grinding problem their body lets them know something is seriously wrong with symptoms such as: Head aches, pain on one side of the face, teeth becoming sensitive to temperature, muscle tenderness in neck and jaw, a variety of ear problems, and the person may not feel well rested after a full nights sleep. If you or anyone you know is experiencing any of these symptoms they should consult their dentist."

So there you have it.

Are your teeth touching? I have learned that our "teeth should be together only when [we] are using them, i.e. for biting or chewing." (source)

Ouch.


1. What is your favorite time of year? I love autumn. The brilliant golds, oranges, and browns take my breath away.
2. What is it about your favorite season that, well, makes it your favorite season? The beauty of it... but I also love the temperature change. Cool enough for a sweater (and maybe even a scarf), but not cold enough for an actual coat.
3. What is your least favorite time of year? Why? Winter. I hate being cold and cooped up.
4. Do you do anything to celebrate or recognize the changing of seasons? In theory, I do a wardrobe rotation, but that is about it.
5. What's your favorite thing to do outside? I like to wander -- not to be confused with liking to go for walks. Wandering involves much less forethought. Be it going through the neighborhood or through the woods, a relaxing walk just following my nose is what I like.

And on the weather note, just for the record it has dropped almost 50 degrees since last Friday. I'm freeeeeeezing again. So much for my hopes of having March go out like a lamb.

0 Comments:

Post a comment