Tuesday, February 12, 2002



Well, I started off the Fantasy Olympics strong. I made an excellent choice for the Women's Moguls going with USA who ended up with 2nd, 5th, and 7th. (You get points for each team member from that country in the top 10.) I walked away with 22 points for that one tying with 935 other people.

Unfortunately, Switzerland let me down in the Men's Downhill giving me only 3 points dropping me to 2,384th place. Ugh. Austria was the choice to go with there.

So today I am cheering for Canada in the Men's Halfpipe and Switzerland in the Ladies' Downhill.

Goodness!!! I was just looking up the ticket prices for closing ceremonies just out of curiosity. Sheesh. $885 per seat pretty much regardless of location. Well, now after looking at the prices for some of the other events, I cannot really decide if that is expensive or cheap. After all, the Men's Hockey Bronze medal game is $325.

Okay, enough of sports. I accomplished three goals last week. That just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
1. I now have a copy of the Venus Hum cd.
2. I now own a copy of Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller.
3. I finished my tie-skirt. Yay! I have received so many good comments on it from completely random people. A man at the gas station. A lady at Target. A man even tapped me on the shoulder at the bookstore and said, "I really like your ties." Not to mention all the people I've caught taking a second glance. I did not realize I was going to cause such a sensation.

Happy Birthdays to my Brother (21st) and Father (54th) this past weekend!!

0 Comments:

Post a comment