Saturday, February 09, 2002

Martin over at The Copydesk said what I wanted to say only better in regards to the whole flag fiasco at the Olympics. I honestly had not thought much about the Olympics coming to America until the last couple days when I have heard news bits about this tattered flag.

Please don't think me calloused or insensitive, but really... leave it to egocentric U.S.A. to want to exploit our tragedy. Can't we just be proud to be Americans simply because we are Americans and not because we are trying to prove our resilience in defiance of terrorism? Because then what happens later? It's the return of the blasé. And yeah, I'm pretty sure that we aren't the only people who suffered any kind of great loss over the last year or so.

So, yeah, I guess I am watching the opening ceremonies tonight. Sting is on, after all.

And I just signed up to play in the Fantasy Olympics. I had to sacrifice what would have been a few of my choices just because I believe Germany is going to kick arse this year. We shall see.... I'll keep you posted. :)

0 Comments:

Post a comment