Tuesday, February 26, 2002

 
"Tonight, when you lay your head on your pillow, forget how far you have to go. Look instead at how far you've already come."
~Bob Moawad

"May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be at your back. May your mission in life feed your passion like no other."
~Unknown

"Often intuition will direct you. If it feels right, it's probably right."
~Oprah Winfrey




 

Last night I watched an amazing special on the wild horses of Mongolia with Julia Roberts. It was absolutely beautiful. The simple lifestyle of the nomad. I could probably learn a lesson or two from them. They pack up their houses and move whenever they have to find new land for grazing. They only have what they need, and it all packs up (house and all) into a few bundles they load on horses. I think it's going to take three trips with a truck for my stuff. Part of me wishes that I had the opportunity to go over there and experience things like that. Someday... perhaps.

 

I think I am really going to miss the Olympics. It was a nice release. It's kind of sad to think that it will be so long until the next one. I have come to love these sports and these atheletes, whereas before I had probably watched alpine arials a total of zero times. Maybe I should organize a group for people suffering from Olympic withdrawal. I can figure out when the other major championship events happen in these sports and put out a schedule for everyone interested. Hmm, it's a thought. When I find myself with some free time... I'll call it Danielle's Olympic Hangover.

0 Comments:

Post a comment