Friday, February 08, 2002

"I saw the picture that you sent. Pretty creative, which is consistent with your character," says the someone whose opinion used to matter more than anyone else's.

What a day.

Today I have been bombarded with the word memoir.

1. On my way to work, I listened to Alexandra Fuller being interviewed about her memoir titled Don't Lets Go to the Dogs Tonight. She spoke very intelligently, and I am curious enough now to consider either purchasing it or getting a library card.

2. There is a new course being offered at Barnes & Noble University titled Memoir Writing. I would be interested in doing this course, however I do not feel I have the time to commit to such a venture at the moment.

3. I randomly ran across Bill Shunn's website where he tells about the writing of his memoir. More specifically the tale of his arrest as he was trying to board a flight in Canada while being a missionary for the Morman church. I have read the excerpts and do hope to read more. I have a soft-spot in my heart for people like that, I guess... (Elder Wheeler and Elder Cavanaugh... I know you're out there somewhere, and I hope that we planted as many seeds of doubt in your minds as you tried to plant in ours.)

So anyway, I was thinking that maybe I should just go ahead and write my own memoir. I'm not sure that I would exactly have an audience. I'm not related to anyone influential nor have I done anything extremely breathtaking. I don't know. We shall see. Maybe for next November's NaNoWriMo! :)

To go see Sixpence or not to go see Sixpence.... that is the question.

0 Comments:

Post a comment