Thursday, February 28, 2002

FedEx is ruining my life. Living in the South stinks so much because everything fails to function when there is snow in the forecast. The four guys going from New Orleans may miss their flight to Seattle if FedEx doesn't get their act together and deliver by 8:30 tomorrow morning. Ugh.

Ted just told me all about his and Kev's adventures in Los Angeles yesterday. You'd think staying at the Beverly Wilshire the night before the Grammys would warrent some sort of famous-person sighting... but alas, there was none. I was hoping he'd run into Bono.

Did you know that Linkin Park played 42 showcases before getting picked up by a major label? "For three years, Linkin Park were rejected by every major label in the business and by a lot of indies, as well. Warner Bros. passed three times before finally signing the band in late '99. .. When Bennington arrived in 1999, the band played forty-two showcases for labels and, the singer says, 'got turned down by everybody.'" That is pretty much insane. I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a fan, per se, but that is still somewhat inspiring. The LA showcase got postponed to June. I'm making my desire to go abundantly clear.

Moving party is moved to tomorrow night. What have I gotten myself into?

0 Comments:

Post a comment