Wednesday, January 23, 2002

Maybe I am the one who is geographically impared here. All I want to know is this: To what continent does New Zealand belong?

Seems like a fairly simple question, right? The United States is in North America. Spain is in Europe. Kazakhstan is in Asia. New Zealand seems to be floating out there unclaimed.

I have asked several people from New Zealand and Australia. You would think they would be the ones to know, since I know that I live in North America. Alas, these poor souls are as confused as I.

I just about had a knock-down-drag-out fight with Phil the other day, because he insisted that the continent was Australasia. I proceeded to name the seven continents which did not include Australasia. He argued that Australia is a country not a continent. To which I responded that Australia is the only country that is its own continent. From there we went on to bash each other's schooling and dropped it.

I've been obsessing about this for a while now... and it is not just because the band should be on their way over to Auckland in about seven hours.

0 Comments:

Post a comment