Saturday, January 26, 2002

Forget Figi. I found my new vacation destination. For a mere two million dollars, I can take an Orbital Vacation. Seven days and six nights circling the planet topped off with a splashdown landing in the South Pacific. What more could you ask for?


(Okay, so it's the Friday Nine since I missed last week.)


1. What do you have your browser start page set to? the messageboard I babysit
2. What are your favorite news sites? cnn.com
3. Favorite search engine? I used to be a faithful metacrawler, but now I'm a googler... although I like alltheweb.com for my more in-depth searches.
4. When did you first get online? 1993... thanks to my hook-ups in the Dordt College computer science department.
5. What cologne or perfume do you wear? I tend to not wear any... but I do have Animalè that I like.
6. What cologne or perfume do you like best on the opposite sex? Eternity for Men! But there is something comforting about Hai Karatè (which my dad wore for years) and Adidas cologne (which my brother wears).
7. What one smell can you not stomach? those really obnoxious floral aromatherapy candles with names like Rain Forest or Northern Meadow or Mountain Rose
8. What smell do you like that others might consider weird? I used to love the smell of a newly opened cassette tape. It was the tape jacket that was most fragrant. John Huiett liked it too, so I'm not the only one.
9. How do you plan to spend your weekend? Packing. Cleaning. Moving. (see item below) Picking up the guys on Sunday... yay! I kinda missed them, believe it or not. I wonder if they will bring me anything...

My car got broken into the night before last. More of an inconvenience than anything else. Insurance is sure nice to have. I can't exactly figure out what their deal was, because they didn't touch the stereo (this time) or the cds. They seemed to have rummaged through the glove compartment and pulled down the back seat to look in the trunk... which I am sure was very disappointing, as there was nothing of any sort of value in either spot.

So what did they get? A cellphone with a dead battery and no service that hasn't been used in over a year. And what did I get? A broken window, a rain-flooded car, and a $100 deductible. Sucky!

This has given me a whole new motivation for packing and getting the heck out of dodge. One time is bad luck... welcome to the city. Two times is poor security... and really bad luck. I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a comment