Sunday, November 25, 2001

There is something so nice about being in a familiar place again. I got to my parents' house at 4 am on Thursday. I was able to bring in my things, get a glass of water, and make it upstairs to my room all without turning on a single light.

Friday Five

1. What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
I am currently finishing The Mark by Tim LaHaye & Jerry Jenkins - yeah, it is pretty good; next up is The Hobbit by Tolkin, as I feel I should read that one before I read the Rings trilogy, and I want to read them before I see the movies.
2. What's your favorite book of all time? That is a tough one. I absolutely loved Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. I read it before I saw the musical, and I was sad because the musical makes Arik (the phantom) out to be such a bad guy... but in the book, I had such compassion for him.
3. What's the worst book you've ever read? I cannot think of one specific one right off hand. I might be one of those horrible Norweigen history books I had to read for Paideia at Luther or otherwise I really hated Walden by Thoreau. (Made me want to "Thoreau" up.)
4. What book that you've read would you most like to see adapted into a movie? This is kind of embarrassing, but I read this "romance novel" that I started trying to write a screenplay for... which would have starred me, of course. Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught.
5. How do you plan to spend your weekend? We are hauling out the Christmas decorations, and I am in charge of dictating what needs to be done with them. Tomorrow my beautiful neice is being baptised. Then I am driving back to Nashville to arrive there about 5 am on Monday.

For a preview of tonight's sky: www.earthsky.com

Went to see Monsters Inc. with my sister, bro-in-law, nephew, and Nate last night. It was pretty cute. Bradley loved it. It was more fun listening to him giggle the whole time than anything. The Star Wars preview and the little bird movie before time were worth the $5 by themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a comment