Tuesday, November 13, 2001

I don't know what to think. I am a bit in shock. "Stunned" would be a good word for me right now. I just read in the newspaper that John Mellencamp is fifty years old. Fifty! My father is fifty-three. I feel like I have been so disillusioned my whole life. When I was eight and rollar-skating to "Jack and Diane", he was already well into his thirties. He never was the cool, young rocker I always thought him to be.

Wait. Here is the article that is my evidence.

As if anybody really cares anymore, the NORC (National Opinion Research Center) spent six months on the Florida Ballots Project. Their conclusion? Bush still wins. Well, that is just great. (And to think that sometimes I feel like my job is meaningless!)

CNN.com reports: Gore, White House dismiss election report. Well, Gore did not really have a choice. For him to have responded any other way, it would have made him look like a complete chump. President Bush might have a few other, more important issues on his mind right now. All in all, I enjoyed the response. I was really hoping that someone would have called the NORC a bunch of raving idiots, but I think people are making that assumption on their own.

Less than 48 hours until the Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Special. I cannot wait. Michael Jackson and N*Sync on the same night. Does it get any better? I am definitely going to tape it here at the office, since my reception at home is not very good... but then I have a really big issue... do I watch it at home with my poor reception and miss my new program "24", or do I just watch my Keifer on Tuesday night and watch the tape of the MJ special on Wednesday?

Props to daisey for the kettle corn recommendation. Mmm... now that is a tastey treat!

Anyway, I have work to do. What I am I doing here?

0 Comments:

Post a comment