Saturday, October 20, 2001

S T A R   W A R S   T R I B U T E
Episode One


I have come across some great Star Wars links lately and felt the need to share.
How to Make the Costumes - With Halloween around the corner, this could come in handy for anybody who wants to fashion their own Stormtrooper or Tusken Raider costume.
Lego Star Wars - This is quite possibly one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Episodes 4-6 done storyboard-style entirely with Legos.
evanmather.com - He has several Star-Wars-ish movies on there.
Pulp Phantom - What happens when you take Pulp Fiction and The Phantom Menace and put them in a high-speed blender? (As with Pulp Fiction, these movie clips contain explicit language.)
Star Wars Christmas Special - Get this while you can. I make no guarentees on how long the link will be good. (Right click on link and hit "save target as...") This is the film that George Lucas never wanted anyone to see... and with good reason. It's awful. Nothing quite like a good ol' Wookie Christmas.

(Segue into Friday Five in 3, 2, 1...)

The Friday Five via smattering.org
1. What's the best gift you've ever received? I don't think I can answer this properly, because I have gotten so many neat and thoughtful things from people that have meant a lot to me. Special things I got this past year: the sewing machine from my parents for my last birthday, the housewarming gift from Manda, the powder case from my Grandma D (It was the first gift that she received from my Grandpa when they were courting.), and the gift from my sister for being in her wedding. (It is this ugly ceramic piggybank of a girl with a bowling ball. The story goes, and I still deny to this day, that we were fighting when we were kids, and I allegedly threw that thing down the stairs and it broke. A little superglue put it back together, but that story still gets brought up.)
2. What's the worst? I'm no fun... I know. I can't really think of anything horrible... but I do remember that I wasn't very thrilled when I got firetrucks for Christmas because my Grandma thought we needed some boy toys in the house. That must have been when I was four, because my brother was born the next February.
3. What do you want for Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa this year? I haven't even thought about it really. Plane tickets would be nice. I just want to be home with my family.
4. As far as Holiday shopping goes, do you buy throughout the year or do it last-minute? I'm generally last-minute, but not as last-minute as I used to be. I have had my mom's gift nearly ready since the fourth of July, so I'm pretty proud of myself this year!
5. How do you plan to spend your weekend? Playing my new game. Pop rock night or whatever at Belmont with Katrena tomorrow. Sleeeeeep!

Song for the Day:
Move to the Moon - Wes King
Since I officially met him yesterday and I had been listening to this album last weekend.
~~And I can't breathe
The same air that you breathe
If you can't understand
I've got to have your hand ~~

0 Comments:

Post a comment