Monday, October 15, 2001

In honor of the upcoming holiday which, in certain company, shouldn't be considered a holiday even though I don't remember ever having a Halloween pass without celebrating it in some way... I have a couple links that I wasn't looking for, but thought would be appropriate...

findagrave.com - umm, yeah, that about says it all...
deathclock.com - apparently I'm going to die on Tuesday, March 7, 2056... okay, that is purely unscientific, but still it made me feel weird to think that I might live to see the year 2050. I mean, I would be 74 then, but it just seems so Sci-Fi.

Okay, I discovered this a little late, but I think it's cute... so here is the new weekly feature from smattering.org:
Friday Five (Fall Edition)

1. Do you have any rituals or ways that you celebrate autumn? Not specifically. I pull out my pumpkin-shaped candles, and I like to pick up pretty leaves and acorns and such from outside to decorate my home.
2. Do you observe Halloween, Samhain, and/or All Saints' Day? I think that Halloween can be celebrated with good clean fun. I realize that there are dark undertones, but I don't personally feel any conviction about dressing up and playing a little eerie music out the windows to keep the kiddos on edge.
3. Carve pumpkins or paint them? I don't really do the whole pumpkin thing to save myself from the heartache of having my creation smashed on the sidewalk. I think carving is more fun...but I just distinctly remember one year when we painted them and then used the photos for a Christmas picture.
4. If you observe trick-or-treating, what will you be handing out at the door this year? I'm hoping I won't be at home. Do kids trick-or-treat at apartment complexes? It's a Wednesday night, eh? Hmm... I don't know.
5. How do you plan to spend your weekend? Well, it's a bit late for that... but I plan to spend my week surviving until the next Friday Five.

Song for the Day:
Jim Morrison's Grave - Steve Taylor

0 Comments:

Post a comment