Monday, October 15, 2001

I will admit I have a slightly demented sense of humor when it comes to tongue-in-cheek websites. You know, the ones (like Bonsai Kitten or Landover Baptist, for example) that get people all riled up because they don't get it. Came across another one yesterday along the same lines-- babysmasher.com

And then there is the World Rock Paper Scissors Society. I so want this t-shirt. With "Rock" on the front and "World Rock Paper Scissors Society: Serving the needs of decision makers since 1918" on the back. That's humor, folks.

This is interesting... I wonder how this APU works:
Record Number of CD-Rs Seized "The RIAA Anti-Piracy Unit assisted in the seizure of 1,257,796 illegal CD-Rs at mid-year 2001. This number is up 133 percent from the 539,130 CD-Rs it seized by mid-year 2000. Additionally, RIAA investigative personnel assisted in the execution of search warrants at 72 illicit distribution locations and 34 manufacturing operations, seizing a total of 604 CD-R burners in the process. This number is approximately equal to the total number of burners seized in all of 2000."
-- from riaa.com

And on that note... Song of the Day:
You Are God (Hope Remix) - The Katinas
This song just appeared on my computer. I honestly don't remember downloading it. That song has moved me immensely ever since the first time I heard it -- something about the gorgeous chord progression mixed with their emotion-filled vocals... and the little a cappella section literally gives me chills. But this remix is especially poignant with clips of President Bush's speech on September 11th.

0 Comments:

Post a comment