Monday, October 22, 2001

I had two best friends towards the end of my high school career. We have gone through different phases of closeness over the years since graduation -- we even lived in a house together a couple years ago.... and a couple years before that as well, if you count the ARC dorm. Now we are spread out again. Contact has been less than what I wish it was, but so it goes.

So anyway, I did have a point here. We have a game that is simply referred to as "The Game". There is no real scoring system... no real strategy either. The idea is just to come up with the name of a person from our school who you think that the others might not have thought about in a while... in essence forgotten about. So it would go like this:

Hey, I just thought of one for The Game.
-Okay.
Remember Joe Baker?
-Who?
Joe Baker, you know... came to our school freshman year and then ended up in juvey hall until our senior year when he moved back to Utah?
-Oh yeah! Good one!

That's really about it. And the reason I thought of this is because I thought of someone who I hadn't thought of in forever. Keith Meyer. We were in Dordt's production of The Music Man together when we were in junior high. He was my "brother", and we had lots of fun. I think he was a year or two younger than me, but we were still a couple of the oldest kids. Oh wait! And then a couple summers later we were in the Centennial production together. Hot off the Stove. I almost forgot about that. He rode Emily's bus. I wonder what he's doing now. I may have to make The Game a regular section.

I know this might make me a mental equal of a teenie-bopper, but I get a kick out of these name generators. So via ++saccharin happiness++, this is my ~ * Magic Fairy Name * ~:
Dewdrop Silverweb
Behaviour: A protector from evil demons and a poisoner of werewolves.
Seen When: Only in the mist of an early morning.
Habitat: In forests of oak and lime.

I'm so excited to see fellow next weekend. Collin is the man. Je suis Martin Guerre!

Song of the Day:
Won't Forget These Days - Fury in the Slaughterhouse
Something very Cure-ish about this song. I don't care what anybody says (ahem!), this is a great album. Ember can testify.

0 Comments:

Post a comment