Wednesday, October 10, 2001

Disappointment seems to be running rampant these days... far and wide... no one is immune. Just when you think it can't get any worse... it does. Oh well. We will bounce back; we always do.

Found a website that reminds me of Deke Metzler (whose birthday was two days ago... and if I knew how to find him, I'd wish him well... haven't seen him since the last day of tour... oh well.). He was the one who originally told me about the "take a dump on it and burn it" philosophy when it came to ex-flames. Holding on to those old letters, poems, ticket stubs and other stuff just serves as aching reminders of a past that was fun (sometimes) while it lasted but ended up sucking a whole lot. How can we expect to face the future fresh and new if we are still clinging to the old baggage that gives us a sick comfort thinking that at one time we were "loved"?

Anyway, here it is: shoeboxed.com
"shoeboxed.com believes in the premise that each and every one of us have one time or another (or still do) keep a shoebox filled with letters. this site was borne of the need to share those letters."

Click here to find out what robot you really are


Song for the Day:
Youth of the Nation - P.O.D.
Yeah, Michael said it was addictive, but little did I know. I guess I'm going to have to buy this album.

0 Comments:

Post a comment