Friday, September 14, 2001

So last night all the work people got together for dinner and prayer about another matter... but once that was all over, we were glued to the television watching all the latest updates. The newest footage of the planes crashing into the buildings just makes me ill. There were some really interesting commentators on FoxNews.

To the guy who called in and wanted to know why we aren't herding arab-americans into camps and deporting them... and to the guy who called in and was basically insisting he know what the U.S.'s strategy is -- you are two of the world's greatest idiots, and it is embarrassing to me that you live in my country.

Some people say what we are thinking better than I can. An open letter to the ones responsible. So this guys sounds a little angry, but he makes a pretty good point. This is a kinda cool tribute to Americans from, of all people, a Canadian.

The thing is, people are all talking now about how they are afraid because they have to fly somewhere next month. That is just plain stupid. You ran that same risk every time you stepped on a plane before, so get over it. If you have such a huge problem with fear of dying on a plane, get in your car and drive then... and get smashed into by some punk 16-year-old kid with no respect for the potential killer they are steering.

Yeah, I'm supposed to fly home next weekend. Am I scared? No more than usual -- except to think that I don't have a cellphone, so were I in that situation, there would be no last minute "I love you"s to anyone I know. Maybe I am the stupid one, and I should be much more concerned for my own wellbeing... but the fact of the matter is that I cannot stop living just because others have lost their lives. That may come off sounding really jaded and harsh, but that's not how it is intended. I just do not think that we are meant to live in fear.

Song for the Day:
Crowing - Toad the Wet Sprocket

0 Comments:

Post a comment