Wednesday, September 19, 2001

One week later, we are still feeling the aftershock of the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center and elsewhere. It has been weird. The patriotic "go America" part of me is proud of the unity that has been displayed... but yet there is a part of me that thinks it is so pathetic that it took such a horrible thing to bring the people together.

I finally cried just a bit on Thursday night... I think it was... when I saw them playing our national anthem at Buckingham Palace. I don't know why that struck me... but it was just amazingly touching, I suppose. And then Sunday morning... when I was at my old church GCL, and they had a slide display... that got to me. And then for some reason, I have the hardest time looking at this website showing pictures of tributes to America from all over the world.



I do have a couple of gripes though. And I don't mean to be insensitive, but...

#1. If you are going to display the flag, for Pete's sake, please do so properly. (i.e. when hanging it vertically, the Union -- the blue part -- is always to the viewers left.)

#2. Put away the Left Behind novels, and pick up your Bible if you are all concerned about this being the "end times". His last name is bin Laden, not Carpathia, so quit with the freaking out already. If you must freak out, please do not do so in my presence, as it just irritates me.

#3. Don't go bashing my Dubya. The same people who think they could do better are the same people who wouldn't run for student council, much less public office.

Song for the Day:
One - U2 as performed by Tait

DDPs / Days:
Okay, so I've lost track... I probably had about 9 over the weekend. I'm weak. I was peer pressured.

0 Comments:

Post a comment