Monday, September 24, 2001

My niece is gorgeous!

I do have to say that everyone in the world should experience flying over Iowa in the fall. The one-mile by one-mile sections make this amazing patchwork quilt of green, gold, orange, and brown. Simply breathtaking... for this midwestern girl anyway.

And though I hated life so early on Saturday morning... the take-off from Nashville International was one that I will not soon forget. Once we got above the blanket of morning clouds, there was a beautiful pink sunrise. I felt like I should have been riding on Falcor -- it was amazing.

The quote of the day comes from my father. Since I don't have a car here, I said that somebody was going to have to give me a crash-course in driving a stick-shift so I could take the Miata. And he says, "Can we please not call it a crash course?" (It was probably funnier to us.)

So Nate and I went to see Jason Ingram, Kelly Minter, and Sonicflood last night. I am admittedly the worst person to go to a concert with. I'm a stander... a bobber at best... but I am definitely not a jumper. I prefer to soak it all in. There is nothing I like better than watching seasoned performers deal with a problem on stage. Interesting to watch their communication.

That was one thing I have to hand to Mark. He was excellent at communicating what he needed from stage without ever letting on to the extent that the audience knew what was going on. That was always cool.

So yeah... Sonicflood. It was interesting. Jeff Deyo left big shoes to fill. The dude did a pretty good job... but I have to say that I had a better time with the original line-up. Oh well. Kelly and Jason were pretty good though too.

Anyway... no song for today. Gotta go see the baby again!

0 Comments:

Post a comment