Monday, October 01, 2001

Had a very bizarre night last night. I met one of my neighbors. I take that back -- I should not have so much credit...it was more like he met me. Poor soul without a telephone stopped at my door on his way back up from the mailbox to see if I would allow him to borrow my phone to make a quick call. Okay fine. He leaves. A couple hours comes back... has another phone call, could he please use my phone. Sure whatever. Let him in... ended up talking to the guy until 2:30 in the morning. Nice fellow... my age... musician... lived in the UK for a time... currently working at O'Charlies.

Now after the fact, I realize that I was probably really stupid. A bit naive and trusting. The guy could have been a total creep. I just like to think that people are all generally good -- though I know it is not the case. Maybe he was just trying to get a peek inside to scope out what he wanted to steal later. (I really don't think this is true... but if I should go missing someday along with most of my possessions, check Omar Patterson in #1920.)

On a more pointless note... according to humanforsale.com, I am worth exactly $1,958,158.00. That makes me feel great.

"Proudly wear the scars of a life that is changed." -- Pastor Mark

Bought groceries today. I really hope that my husband likes shopping... because otherwise we may end up starving. I just hate going to the store. I'm really not fond of shopping of any kind, but I have a particular aversion to grocery stores. I think I'm just overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of Kroger. But anyway... I bought the stuff for chicken soup -- which will be my main project this afternoon... yum!

Song for the day:
Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
So Omar was amazed that I own an INXS cd. He sang "Mediate".

0 Comments:

Post a comment