Thursday, May 08, 2008

Oops...
Has it been almost a month? I had wanted to post some photos, but due to a series of circumstances, I haven't been able to get them off my camera yet. And then I got busy. And then I got depressed. And then I got bored with the internet altogether. Oh and then there was that period where all I did was play LOTRO.

I couldn't even tell you all the exciting things that I thought I really should post over the last few weeks. It's all gone.

But I have been on the receiving end of some really awesome gifts lately. Gifts from other people, and also from me. My new (and completely needless) mousepad makes me happier than it really should. I'd show you... but again, camera to computer transactions aren't happening at the moment. And of course, stores don't have their products online here. But let me just say that Office Works' Philosophy range makes me giddy. GIDDY.

Oh, and I'm trying to be better at the actual WRITTEN word, with Erin as my inspiration. (Girl, I don't know how you do it, but you're awesome!) That being said, I haven't actually sent anything to anybody yet, but it's definitely on my to-do list.

I take that back, I'm sending a cheque off today with a handwritten note. I'll take that as a win.

Did I mention my parents are coming? I spent last weekend calling between my parents and my uncle in Western Australia. I think we've got that whole section of the visit planned now. I can't wait to go back to Perth, if only for one day. Whee.

Getting Things Done
I also decided to quit whinging and start DOING something about all the stressors in my life. I'm just not very good at diving headfirst into things and hoping for the best. I plot and plan and hypothesize, and by the time I need to take action, I've turned into a little pile of anxiety. A ball of stress. A wart of worry. Introvertism at its worst.

I'm happy to report that a year and a half after I was officially allowed, I finally signed up to get my Medicare card this week. (Medicare is like the public health system. From what I can tell, if/when you go to the doctor it's kind of like insurance where you pay a little bit and they pay the rest. But people still get private insurance for reasons unbeknownst to me.)

Once I get that little card in the mail, I'm going to finally get my Australian driver's license.

And then, just maybe, I'll see a cute, little car in my future.

I also have things to take care of with the ominous Department of Immigration and the good ol' US Consulate. Blerg. These things stress me out, and I'm acting like I don't have to do it.

Anyway, we're not quite dead yet. More to come...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a comment