Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Better Butter
I made butter on Saturday. I followed the instructions posted recently, and it worked a treat. Next time I'm going to use organic cream from the shop near work, but at least I know it's something I can do.

Now the trouble is storage. I'm keeping mine in a glass dish with water like the lady suggested, but I really want a Butter Bell. Love it! The ones at that site are nice, but then there is the Emile Henry one in the gorgeous Figue.

However, I secretly want a homemade one. Something about having handmade crockery is so charming. (And it really makes sense in my head if it's homemade butter too.) Do you think I could find a single local potter who makes them? No. Hard enough finding anyone in this country who bothers to put their wares online.

Etsy has two that I really, truly love. There is something so charming about this one with the tree and the little details and the blue inside, but she doesn't ship internationally. But then I also love this one with the handles and the feet, and he'll ship here. But then I'd want to buy half of his other gorgeous items and might end up spending a fortune.

(I'm linking to those for my reference. Please don't go and buy them out from underneath me. I will decide soon!) :)

Quote of the Day
Regarding the fact that most of the online April Fools Day jokes will happen tomorrow...

"It's so hard living in the future." ~Pete

1 Comments:

Apr 02 2008, 09:09 pm


hey, sweetie! did you already read this story?

very touching!! :)
lovies!

10:01 PM  

Post a comment