Monday, November 05, 2007

This Place Bugs Me
Well, Ant Watch 2007 is officially in effect. When we got back from America last year, I finally had enough of the ants that were taking over my house. That was in March, so I am impressed with how long we've gone bugless. However, with the change of seasons and all that, we are back on guard.

I came across a few on Saturday that were coming in through the floorboards to collect the carcass of a moth that perished behind the television. I vacuumed and mopped and ant-sanded the entire stretch of wall. If I find any more, I'm calling the exterminator again.

Less Than a Week
Other than that, I'm just looking forward to our trip to Sydney next weekend. Our week is a bit busy with a wrap party on Thursday for a show our company was working on, and a few other evening commitments. Hopefully Saturday won't creep up on me before I get some laundry done!

I'm trying to put together a list of agenda options, but it sounds like we might be catching the ferry to Taronga Zoo. (I just want to see these little guys. Oh. Em. Gee. Too CUTE!) I'm sure there will be an obligatory stop somewhere near the opera house, but I don't know if I feel the need to do a tour. The Museum of Contemporary Art is near our hotel too, so maybe that would be a good afternoon stop. I think we'll also have to take the cousins to Wildlife World to get the true Aussie animal experience.

Any other recommendations from anyone?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Nov 05 2007, 09:37 am

Hang out with Silverchair?

1:43 PM  

Nov 07 2007, 10:10 am

Recommendations for things to do in Sydney... how much time have you got?

Start off by getting a daytripper or weekly pass (depending on how long you'll be there), which will give you unlimited travel on all city trains, buses, and ferries

Visit Luna Park
Take a ferry to Manly
Walk around The Rocks and the Botanical Gardens
Walk across the Harbour Bridge (or climb it, if you're game)
Take the train/bus to Bondi Beach

If you like shopping, the Pitt Street Mall and Bondi Junction Westfield are good places.

If you've got time, visit the Blue Mountains or the South Coast... it's such a beautiful drive

Have a great time!

1:44 PM  

Post a comment