Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ooo Baby Baby, It's a Wild World
I had wanted to sleep at least until the alarm went off this morning, but I woke up to the sound of a new bird. It was so close. I had to know what it looked like.

Hans and I ventured out on to the veranda, and in the trees out front there were at least four giant black birds singing loudly. I consulted my handy new Wildlife of Greater Brisbane book and determined that it is the pied currawong. (Hear its call.)

Then this afternoon, we noticed that one of the palm trees in the back yard is the new roost for three grey-headed flying foxes. IN THE BACKYARD. I've been around bat colonies and (#1) they have bats... lots and lots of bats... and (#2) they smell REAL BAD. So if I see more than those three hanging around, I'm going to take matters into my own hands... (I talk so big.)

More Than Meets the Eye
  • If you lived in Australia, you could have seen Transformers by now.
  • I've already gloated to my brother.
  • He and I used to watch the cartoon after school.
  • Which is why I bought the DVDs five years ago.
  • The movie was pretty much awesome, even from the front row. *sigh*
  • The Shia LaBeouf/John Cusack comment is so right-on!
  • I realized that I had combined Transformers and M.A.S.K. (intro) into one giant MASKformers memory. I'm straight now.

0 Comments:

Post a comment