Thursday, July 05, 2007

Chuck a Sickie
This morning Hans wasn't feeling very well, so we both opted to stay home. And it's just as well, because a migraine kicked my butt this afternoon.

When I get them, I always try to figure out what the trigger(s) might have been. This is the reason I won't ever eat dried fruit if I can help it.

All I know is that last night in the middle of the night I woke up dying of thirst. I hate getting out of bed when I just want to be in it sleeping, but I finally couldn't take it and got up to drink the rest of the water in the Brita.

This morning I didn't want to drink my coffee, because I was still quite thirsty and thought I should have water instead.

Those were the only two out-of-the-ordinary happenings, but then after looking online, apparently dehydration causes migraines in some people... as does a lack of caffeine if one is accustomed to certain amounts. Ding ding. Coupled with the red wine and nitrate-rich hot dogs from last night, I probably did this to myself.

But then I read that a decline in barometric pressure can cause migraines in some people. All the paper says the crazy wind here today is due to a low pressure system, but yeah... I really have no idea what that all means.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a comment