Sunday, March 18, 2007

I Try Things So You Don't Have To
The past couple weeks have been a little experimental around here.

First Hans, Alyda & I decided to give this new Mother energy drink a try. I was informed by someone, who apparently has no taste buds, that it tastes a bit like Dr. Pepper. Eager to have a readily available Dr. Pepper stand-in, I was gung-ho. Perhaps it would have been more tolerable if it had been much colder, but it just had an overall flavour of yuck followed by an aftertaste of sharp cold medicine. There was nothing Dr. Peppery about it. Needless to say, it was a very disappointing experience all around.

Then the other night Hans and I ordered one of the new Cheesy Bites pizzas from Pizza Hut. (I think the Australian version appears to be different from the American version, because we only have 16 cheese knobules as opposed to your 28 little stickies.) Instead of being ooey-gooey cheese goodness, ours came nearly charred, and while I have no doubt there was once cheese inside the little cheese poofs, there was hardly anything left but a rubbery residue. Not exactly what Jessica made it look like on the television.

In Summery:
MOTHER does not know best.
CHEESY BITES bite.

Weekend Update
  • I'm happy to report that the "Big Job" at work is finished, and we went out for dinner on Friday to celebrate good times. (I'm also happy to report that the toilet it fixed at Hog's Breath so I can go back.)
  • Last night we had a big to-do at the Holiday Inn for my brother-in-law's organization. There was good food. Good jazz band. And got to wear my new Banana Republic skirt I got back home.
  • Now I think I'm going to go sit out on the veranda with my Caramel Rooibos tea and my Bill Bryson book.

0 Comments:

Post a comment