Saturday, December 09, 2006

That's Entertainment
Now that our flights are booked, I've moved right on to the next important step-- find out what the in-flight entertainment is going to be. This is a crucial step, as Tash will tell you, because otherwise you might accidentally go see Superman 2 with your parents, and then go see it again at the IMAX to be a good friend, and then you might have to be stuck in captivity on an international flight and be forced to watch it yet again. :P (Just kidding, T -- but it really was comical! Hehe!)

So based on the research I've been able to do, these movies should be available for our viewing pleasure:

  • Domestic Australia
    Scoop: Now I've never heard of this one, but with Hugh Jackman, it must have some redeeming qualities. (And if we were only flying a few days earlier, it could have been Boytown. Shoot!)
  • International
    The Da Vinci Code: Saw this on our honeymoon and don't necessarily feel compelled to see it again, but that's okay.
    Little Miss Sunshine: Saw it. Loved it. Would watch it again in a heartbeat.
    Miami Vice: Sorta wanted to see it, simply because it was done by Michael Mann.
    My Super Ex-Girlfriend: I think Hans wanted to see this, but we never got around to it.
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest: While we've seen and enjoyed this one already, I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of it in the next couple months, as we're giving it to my nephew, and I have a feeling we'll get a copy as well.
    Scoop: Well if it's good, it might be nice.
    The Wicker Man: Nicholas Cage. Bleh. What a downer to end on, but that should get us to San Fran.
  • Domestic US
    Invincible: Never heard of it. I don't think they market football (aka "grid-iron") movies here, because it's simply not a sport Australians relate to.
Firefly: THE GAME!?!
Hans greeted me with this news today: Firefly: Turning MMORPG by '08?. I'm completely geeked out about that, and we are so planning on retiring our social life to be fully-committed to it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Dec 09 2006, 02:28 pm

Superman 2? Isn't that an 80s movie?

2:09 PM  

Dec 09 2006, 05:18 pm

haha! yes. the movie that D is referring to is Spiderman 2 .. which was a horrible thing for me to subject her to, even for the cause of friendship.

Unfortunately it was even more tortuous for her to have to watch it on the plane.

I had the obnoxious Australians to sit next to on the plane instead, so I'm not really sure who was worse off.

What's for certain is that the missy going home to America is the luckiest girl in the world right now!

YAY! Wheatthins!

2:10 PM  

Dec 10 2006, 03:32 am

Haha, yes, I meant Spiderman. Hehe. I was so traumatized, I couldn't remember! :P Wheat-thins!

2:10 PM  

Post a comment